2018 ISCAID Symposium
The 2018 ISCAID symposium was be held in Portland, Oregon (USA) from September 30 to October 3, 2018.
ISCAID once again joined forces with the International Feline Retrovirus Research Symposium (IFRRS) for our 5th biennial symposium. Being held at the Embassy Suites Downtown Portland, nestled along the Columbia River, this event to delivered cutting edge research presentations, renowned keynote speakers and plenty of opportunity to meet and reconnect with fellow veterinarians interested in infectious diseases.
Conference highlights included:
- Keynote presentations by Paul Duprex (Boston University, Massachusetts), Colin Parrish (Cornell University, New York), and John Perfect (Duke University, North Carolina).
- A clinician’s day with world-renowned clinician scientists addressing clinical dilemmas and updates on infectious disease testing and treatment.
- The symposium dinner, was held at Southpark Seafood on Tuesday, October 2.
- The full conference program is available here.
- RACE aproved for up to 20.5 continuing education units per veterinarian.
We thank our sponsors for making this and other ISCAID activities possible.
|Congratulations to the winners of the IDEXX/ISCAID award for the best student research abstract/poster on infectious diseases of companion animals: Yasmin Parr and Tiffany Tse! In addition to this recognition, each awardee received $500 thanks to the generous sponsorship of IDEXX.
Yasmin Parr, a PhD student at the University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research presented her work entitled ‘Investigating the humoral immune response in cats exposed to feline leukaemia virus’.
Tiffany Tse, an undergraduate student at the University of California, Davis presented her poster entitled ‘Detection of Felis catus gammaherpesvirus1 in DNA in oronasal swabs and tissues from domestic cats.’
Yasmin delivering her award-winning prevention on feline leukemia virus infection. (below)
Tiffany with her award-winning poster about gammaherpesvirus 1 in domestic cats. (below)
The ISCAID/IFRRS 2018 Symposium proceedings can be accessed via the Veterinary Information Network (VIN). Conference attendees do not require VIN membership to access the proceedings.
Full conference proceedings will be published on this site shortly.
We are still soliciting votes and suggestions for the next symposium in the fall of 2020. Suggestions so far include Glasgow, Scotland, Vancouver, Canada and Sydney, Australia. Submit your comments or suggestions below:
Merck Animal Health
Bayer Animal Health